What type of insurance do builders need?

From the first home you build to the last home, as your business grows and you develop your career, your insurance needs change also. Continuous regulatory changes also require you to constantly be up to date with mandatory insurance requirements for each of your projects.

Whether you’re new to the building game, an experienced SME builder or a larger sized business, HIA Insurance Services can help you understand the specific risks your business faces and can arrange insurance products designed to cover you for those risks. Select which type of builder you are below to find out information relevant to your business.

Why HIA Insurance Services?

HIA Insurance Services (HIAIS) combines the construction industry expertise of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) with the risk and insurance knowledge of Aon to provide specialist products and advice to the residential construction industry.

Not only do we understand the unique risk exposures of Australian builders, but we’re one of the largest and most experienced insurance providers in the country. HIA Insurance Services is ideally placed to offer insurance policies tailored for risks commonly found in the construction sector, as well as speedy and efficient insurance claims processes.

Our specialist brokers will work alongside you to understand your insurance needs and provide you with appropriate levels of cover. Plus, our expert claims team is here to help you manage even the most complex of insurance claims.

Our aim isn’t just to support all those employed in the sector, but to support the health of the wider residential building industry and improve the quality of home builds for all homeowners.